That the Scriptures (as originally given) are God breathed and infallible, the inerrant word of God. Christians must therefore submit to their supreme authority and sufficiency, both individually and corporately, in every matter.
In one holy, eternal, unchangeable God, the Creator and Lord of the universe, who, as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, both governs all things according to His will and is accomplishing His purposes in the world and in the Church. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate son is fully God and fully man; He is the radiance of God’s glory, the exact imprint of His nature and He upholds the universe by the word of His power. He was born of a virgin. As a human being he never sinned. On the cross he was made sin for us when He took our place and bore the punnishment due to us. He offered a sufficient sacrifice for the sin of His people. He died, was raised bodily from the dead and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
The personal and visible return in glory of the Lord Jesus Christ to raise the dead and to judge them, granting eternal life to His people and eternal punishment to those who have not believed the gospel. God will fully establish His kingdom when He creates a new heaven and a new earth free from evil and evil-doers, suffering and death. In this new heaven and new earth, God will be glorified forever.
That salvation from the guilt, penalty and power of sin is solely through the work of Jesus Christ – His perfect obedience, penal substitutionary death, bodily resurrection and exaltation as Lord. He is the only mediator between God and man. There is no salvation through any other means. All of the sinner’s justification, from beginning to end, is by Gods grace alone appropriated through faith alone.
Through the Holy Spirit, individuals not only hear the outward call of the gospel but are effectually called by the Spirit and thereby given new birth. The Holy Spirit, through santification and spiritual growth, leads the individual to Christian maturity. The Holy Spirit is responsible for the Church’s continual renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power and mission.
OUR COMMITMENT AS A PARSIH
As a Parish based here in the city of Paisley, we are committed to:
- Faith: We are committed to daily demonstrate an unshakeable faith in God Almighty through Jesus Christ. It is our conviction that ‘what we believe determines how we behave’.
- Evangelism: We are committed to Soul winning and sharing the love of Jesus Christ with others.
- Discipleship: We are committed to show and share with others, all that we have learnt from the Word of God as written in the Holy Bible.
- Holiness: We are committed to a life of holiness for our daily transformation as we give the Holy Spirit HIS rightful place in our lives.
- Integrity: We are committed to building our relationships on trust and integrity with honest communication.
- Discipline: We are committed to the principle of being ‘firm and fair’. In fulfilling God’s vision, there needs to be order and submission to constituted authority. Each person is held accountable and expected to submit to the vision and rules of the house.
- People: We are committed to you. You come first and we will strive to meet your needs (spiritual and otherwise) in all that we do.
- Excellence: Our commitment is to constantly strive for an uncompromising quality in all that we do.
GOD’S PROMISE TO THE RCCG
1. That HE will meet the Redeemed Christian Church of God when HE returns
2. That the Redeemed Christian Church of God will become a model to the whole world; and
3. That other Churches from all over the world will come to learn and worship in the Redeemed Christian Church of God.